This is a new role. Its purpose is to increase the awareness of Bees Abroad amongst the 25,000 members of UK beekeeping associations. Generous beekeepers currently provide a large proportion of our income. However, awareness of Bees Abroad is very limited and by increasing our focus on beekeepers we know there is considerable potential for additional income.
The are many ways of achieving this e.g.
- Regularly targeted mailings to beekeeping associations with appealing content.
- Increased attendance at beekeeper’s conferences.
- A programme of presentations at meetings of beekeeping associations.
- Greater use of social media.
- Personal networking…we are all beekeepers, we all have contacts but we need a methodical approach to exploiting them.
We need a volunteer beekeeper to join our fundraising and communications team to develop and implement a plan to which the whole Bees Abroad team can be harnessed to support.