This project led by LIDEFO (Liberty Development Foundation) is based in Kasese which is on the main road shortly before the park. You will:
- Be driven by an English-speaking driver.
- Learn about beekeeping in the area.
- Visit the honey collection and honey processing centres.
- Discover how beekeeping helps pay for education and medicines.
- Visit a beneficiary family.
- Visit primary school children involved in beekeeping.
- Taste local organic honey and have the opportunity to buy beeswax candles and honey.
- Have a personal tour of an apiary and open a beehive. Protective clothing is supplied.
Note: These projects are run by the local community for the benefit of their community. Bees Abroad has no responsibility for the visit and arrangements are made entirely at the visitor’s own risk.
Phone: + 256 772629673